We are currently expanding and seeking Support Workers who possess the 7 Key Skills that are required within this role, Active Listener, Emotional Intelligence, Organisation, Critical Thinking, Tolerance, Setting Boundaries, Empathy and Communication.
Are you the right candidate?
Our Service users are vulnerable young people between the ages of 16 – 25 years old. As a Support Worker you will need to provide welfare, advocacy, proactive engagement with external agencies for the benefit of our service users.
The ideal person will be:
- Must have a current Enhanced DBS
- Valid UK Passport rights to work in the UK
- Another form of ID
- Proof of address
- Two character references
- A self-starter with ‘can do’ attitude to day-to-day work and problem-solving
- Have direct experience of working with and supporting vulnerable client group
- A sound understanding of safeguarding and risk assessments.
- Administrative skills and knowledge of Microsoft word and Google Drive.
- Excellent self-management and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to liaise effectively and advocate on the young person’s behalf.
- Honest, reliable and flexible
CURRENT LOCATIONS WE ARE RECRUITING IN:
Full Time – Support Worker
09:00am to 16:00pm or 14:00pm – 21:00pm Monday to Friday (minimum of 35 hours a week)
Please email your CV to our head of recruitment email@example.com.